View Single Post
Old
05-02-2012, 03:49 PM
19 in a row

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pnut View Post
The Americans were the first occupants of the previous MSG (Not this one) and the owner that started the Rangers (Tex)saw that and was jealous and then there was 2 tenants. The last year they were called the Broooklyn Americans (I guess becuase they were trying to get their own rink in Brooklyn) and then they were gone.

If I remember they called his NY Rangers, Tex's Rangers, not to be confuse with the Texas Rangers baseball team.
Thanks. So they did play in Brooklyn, I wasn't sure. Maybe there was some other conflict in name for the Rangers but I doubt it was the MLB baseball team (unless there was some minor league team). The current Texas Rangers were originally the second incarnation of the Washington senators (the first moved to Minnesota to become the twins) and didn't move to Texas until 1972, long after Tex's Rangers hockey in new york. I always thought Tex's Rangers was a play on words with the actual Texas rangers lawmen of the 1800s (the fictional Lone Ranger was originally a Texas Ranger) but never really gave it much thought.

19 in a row is offline   Reply With Quote