View Single Post
Old
05-02-2012, 05:04 PM
Nitrous Mafia

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulQ View Post
I keep hearing that Rad and Ak's actions speak of their lack of commitment, they don't care, etc... but my question is what is more important, commitment on the ice or outside of the ice?

AK and Rad have been the most productive forwards for the preds in the playoffs, lead the team in goals/points ... Rad was the best forward in the Red wing series while AK had a strong series too... Both were praised after most games by Trotz... Now against Phoenix, AK has been the only productive forward 5 on 5, and thats playing with Spaling, not a very offensive player to say the least... Aside from last game where Radulov played very poorly, if you would judge the commitment of a player, on the ice where it really matters, based on performance during the entire playoffs, they would be in the top 3 or 4 forwards.... Without Rad and AK, I dont think the preds make it to round 2..

On the opposite end of that... we have Nashville's first line who has been ATROCIOUS thus far in the playoffs... getting scored on and not producing anything 5 on 5.... Most disappointing of them as been Fisher in my opinion, a player who had such a great year... now missing in action, does nothing offensively and he's -3 ...

So based on performance ON the ice, which is what matters, shouldnt Erat, Fisher and Sk get the most criticism for their lack of commitment and determination and desire to win and perform ? Of course not, they show so much commitment OFF the ice!

Now dont get me wrong, Rad and Ak deserve criticism... but not that much more than the players who have laid a big ol' egg thus far in the playoffs.

I'll agree with this.

I'm not really interested in "integrity" when it comes to curfew and drinking.