View Single Post
Old
05-02-2012, 06:13 PM
plusandminus

vCash: 500
I have now created a large matrix, with years on the up-down axis, and ages on the left-right axis, showing percentages per season. It's a 23 columns by 68 rows matrix, and although it seems to fit, it seems a bit "brutal" to post it here (not wanting to make stats disliking persons fall off their chair).
The percentage for a certain age varies a lot from season to season.
There is consistency when looking diagonally, which can be done to follow how the players born a certain year perform throughout their career at different ages. That is, almost no matter what year the players were born, their scoring generally tended to build up until age 25-26, to then start dropping. But there are exceptions, and I have only glanced, so don't think of it as some kind of "law".
I may tro to reorganize the matrix to show birthyear on up-down axis and Ages on left-right axis.

Edit: Currently, the 1985 year born players (Perry, Getzlaf, Paul Stastny, Mike Richards, Jeff Carter, Bergeron, Zajac, Horton and so on) dominates by a large margin, with 15 players among the top-100 scoring Canadian forwards. The same guys has dominated during the last 4 or so seasons, far ahead of their 1984 and 1986 year born colleagues.

Last edited by plusandminus: 05-02-2012 at 06:32 PM.
plusandminus is offline   Reply With Quote