View Single Post
Old
05-02-2012, 06:20 PM
hb6947
Hooked Since '78

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by islandermaniac View Post
reinhart has all of the goods? sorry, but he does not. scouts do not suggest that reinhart has the hockey sense that ryan murray does. many suggest that murray ranks first in that regard in the entire draft. reinhart doesn't have the skating of murray or dumba either. also, despite his size, he does not hit like dumba and he is no more physical than ryan murray. honestly, guys like duncan keith and ryan suter are considered to be two of the game's best defencemen and they are 6"1/200 and 6'1"/198 respectively. Why can't murray and dumba (who, granted, is smaller than keith, suter, and murray) be just as effective at the same size?

again, i don't know that my favourite kid in this draft is murray or not. he is certainly up there. i will say that he is being, "sean couturiered" right now. he had a steady regular season and wjc despite battling an injury. people trashed couturier as not taking his game to another level last season and now they are doing the same to murray. if given the chance to draft murray and the isles pass, murray will shove it in their face just like couturier will do for the next 15 years.
Not sure how to answer...just put out my opinion on what he brings. At no point do I suggest that he is better at any one thing, just that he has a combo that the team needs. My opinion is not chained to rankings or scouts. I am basing it on what I think the team will do with their pick, where ever they may pick.

As for players passed over in the past "shoving it in their face" I am one who believes that you cannot compare the development of PHI prospects inserted into the line up at 19 to Islander prospects of the same age. Two different organizations, coaches and talent levels.