Thread: News Article: Niemi + ??? for Nash?
View Single Post
Old
05-02-2012, 08:26 PM
Pinkfloyd

vCash: 2283
Quote:
Originally Posted by murdock1116 View Post
Do you guys ever worry about us trying to "fix" our speed issues. Will adding two fast wingers really "fix" our team speed? I'm not so sure. Thornton, Clowe, Pavelski, Couture, etc don't play a "speed" game.

I feel like if we try to play copycat we're going to get worse. We did when we tried to "fix" our speed by getting Burns and Havlat. But then we ended up a not so fast not so big team. Doesn't seem like we'll ever be a "fast" team with our core.

However, fast teams lose when the get hit/beat up. To me it seems like we might be better off getting tougher and more physical, wearing teams down so that our possession/cycle game improves. If we can bang bodies more I think we'll improve more than just adding speed.
Burns and Havlat being added weren't necessarily done to try and fix our speed issues. Burns was brought in because they need a future #1 when Boyle's time is up. Havlat was brought in because they really wanted to get rid of Heatley. Getting slower and more physical doesn't mean much if you aren't quick enough to get your body on the other team.

Pinkfloyd is offline   Reply With Quote