View Single Post
Old
05-02-2012, 09:03 PM
Qui Gon Dave

vCash: 500
Good start for the Preds, very good compared to a lot of game 2. But not perfect. Still some lapses of concentration around the defensive zone and a few plays that seemed disjointed rather than a team knowing what it is trying to do on any given play. It also looked like a few guys took a few shifts to find their legs. But there are a lot of positives to build on after the 1st, well done to the guys for responding. Keep it going for two more periods.

Also, don't think anyone responded to it the first time I asked (apologies if I missed it), but does Hornqvist (or has he ever) tried to bulk up and add more muscle mass before a season? Or work on more core strength/better balance? If so, how has that worked out for him? He loses his footing an awful lot under physical contact. If he was built like David Desharnais it would be easier to understand but he is pretty much average size for an NHLer (maybe a shade lighter) and considering the style he plays, it just strikes me as odd that he has such issues with it. Did he try it but lost his foot speed and prefers that over being more solid or is there any other reasoning behind it?

Qui Gon Dave is offline   Reply With Quote