View Single Post
Old
11-23-2003, 04:41 AM
CREW99AW

vCash: 1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by feff
Larry Brooks has a weird history of bandying about Flames names in rumours that never come true. And he was also the guy who said the Rags should sign iggy to a $15 million dollar contract to pry him away from Calgary, so I think he has something against us - the NY Post is probably the only "paper" (term used loosely) in the States where Calgary is bandied about as often as they are. If you mention "Calgary" in any other newspaper in any city in the across most of the US, the name elicits a thousand yard stare. We don't get airplay.

I can see trade winds swirling around, but I'm not sure Calgary's involved. Both teams have stacks of D and Calgary is looking for a gritty F. My gut says if there is any truth to them, it would be Calgary trying to find out if a guy like Scatchard is available, and if we had the ponies to get him out of NYI. But like I said, too much D on both team, so it may have to be a three-way if it is true.
Anyone else have a take?
This article is Grossman's,not Brooks.
My guess is the Flames were more interested in Cairn's the enforcer,then Cairns the defenseman.

His salary's cheap($900,000) and he probably could be had for a mid round pick.The article says the Flames interest is mild.