View Single Post
Old
05-02-2012, 11:45 PM
PWJunior
Beware the POOP!

vCash: 500
The Dumba vs. Murray debate. I'm a pro-Dumba guy because of what he projects to be. He has talents that you just can't teach. He does need to work on his defensive game, but like others have mentioned - he can be taught those things. If you're a top-5 pick, the organization has to have conviction that the player they select will reach their potential. The 'idea' of what Dumba can be fits the need of the Isles to a tee IMO. He's a RH shot (this is big for me) and has serious offensive tools. He brings a physical element that is sorely needed and he could be a gamebreaker. He's a swing for the fences.

Murray is solid. Like I've mentioned before, he's a better version of CDH in my eyes. While I won't mind if he's the pick, I see some redundancy in his skillset when you view him in the landscape of the other Isles defense prospects. He could indeed be the better pick, but I just can't help and play 'build my ideal team'. Dumba brings a skillset that no one else in the Isles system has and that's why I give the edge to him over Murray.