View Single Post
Old
03-19-2006, 12:45 AM
Dig Out Your Soul
Ex Storm...

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16
I can respect that. My thing is that I see Gagne as being a very valuable captain and that he doesn't need to be the rah rah kind of guy that can bring the team together. I think he can be a Patrik Elias type of leader in that people seem to be drawn to him. That's a lot of influence right there.

I think though the next captain of the team in two years will be Mike Richards.
I agree on both counts. Gagne is very capable of being a silent leader. But, I've noticed him this year embracing his role a little more and speaking up. He's gotten good at talking with the refs. It's not easy to adjust to that role. It's his first year wearing the A and I think he's adapted well. I think by next year if Primeau retired then Gagne would be willing to take the C. It was a tough spot this year for him to be in because he didn't feel right taking over for someone who was still a huge part of the team. But, a lot has to change before that happens. I wouldn't take the C either if I was in his position this year. I'd feel dirty about it.

I also agree that Mike Richards is the natural leader out there. If they do not make him captain at the first opportunity they get, they are foolish.