View Single Post
Old
05-03-2012, 10:00 AM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

vCash: 500
Good write up Gann.

I wonder how much his marriage, and recent divorce filing, has had on him. Went through that myself five years ago, it is not easy, even if you know it's the right thing to do. There is just so much stuff going on, emotionally, financially and otherwise, and I'd imagine that would just double or triple for an athlete who has to fly across North America weekly, be a very public figure, getting trashed by the media for failing to live up to big expectations (that one is partly/largely his own fault though) and having to deal with other external factors relating to the divorce that takes away from your ability to focus on the game.

Anyone remember Claude Lemieux, when he got divorced during the 1994-1995 season. he had just six goals and 19 points all season, and he said it really affected him and his game. But he was able to turn it on in the playoffs and pick up tghe Conn Smythe that year, then returned to having a great year the next year.

Hopefully we are getting the Penner that is starting to move on and get past the emotional issues with his divorce.

kingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote