Thread: Confirmed with Link: Flames sign Roman Cervenka
View Single Post
Old
05-03-2012, 12:12 PM
Medium Rare*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MVW View Post
I was listening to Warrener this morning on the Fan and he was saying when he was in Florida that a guy (like Cervenka) was signed a got quite a bit more money than other players on the team. He said that it pisses some of the players off that a guy who has never played in an NHL game before gets more money than say someone like Glencross and Moss who are now proven vets that have scored 20+ goals. Anyways, I don't expect it to cause alot of problems because he likely won't earn up to the 3.775, but it is something interesting to consider on how this may affect the locker room.
The more Warrener speaks the more I think he suffered serious concussions and is out of touch with reality.

The guy is completely out to lunch. Its funny I used to love the guy when he played and defended him tooth and nail, but now he is a ****ing moron and just needs to shut up already and do some god damn research.

Its an ELC, all the money is in bonuses and if Capgeek is correct (and they usually are) the bonuses are for major awards like the Hart, Conn Smythe, Selke and accomplishments like 1st or 2nd team all-star and top 10 in league scoring. Here is a quote from teh trade board

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeD View Post
Tweeted by @capgeek today:
Quote:
Cervenka's bonuses totalling $2m are for Hart, Richard, Selke and Conn Smythe voting, all-star team selection, and top-10 scoring stats.

Medium Rare* is offline   Reply With Quote