Thread: Stu Bickel
View Single Post
Old
05-03-2012, 12:27 PM
eco's bones

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666 View Post
Because even in that limited time, he provides more of an element of the game than Eminger can provide.

If anything, the people saying that Torts doesn't trust Bickel have it wrong. By the looks of it, he trusts Bickel more than Eminger or Woywitka because Stu is the guy that continues to dress every night, regardless of the limited TOI.

Bickel is making rookie mistakes at the most inopportune times, but he is a better defenceman than the other two options.

That said, I do think I would sit him for game 4.

Also, I don't think he was silking on the bench, I think the picture that was taken was done so at the perfect time to make it look like he was sad.

I have no doubt in my mind that he was watching, learning and taking in the experience and growing from the mistakes he has made the lfew games.

I can think of at least a couple reasons--1) Eminger has been out so long he's not in game shape. 2) Bickel can be a deterrent if things get ugly.

I would imagine Bickel is not all that happy about his ice time--but better dressed than not dressed--when we're talking about the potential of being on a championship team there's no reason for him to not be motivated--not that I'm suggesting he's not or like another poster that he's sulking--don't think Torts would care for that and I don't think we can assume that just because of some photo of him sitting on the bench.

He's had a good year--nothing to be ashamed of. Girardi, Staal, McDonagh are just horses that you can play the **** out of and it's not a surprise that Torts is playing the **** out of them. This shouldn't be about anything other than winning a championship. A small part--a large part--it doesn't matter as long as the team gets to where it wants to go.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote