View Single Post
Old
05-03-2012, 12:31 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25 View Post
I like having the same team each season, it builds a "rivalry" with the other fan base. I think Colorado could be a top team soon and the teams could meet in the playoffs soon. Imagine the game after a hard fought playoff series the year before.

I'm just sad that I won't be going again this year because I'm heading to Chicago the following weekend.
In the early 2000's when the Kings played the Avs in the playoffs, the games didn't even sell out from what I remember. I remember going in 2002 and there were a lot of empty seats. It is in the past 10 years that the game has taken on a life of its own.

I went in 2003 with 3 friends. It grew exponentially every year after. Last year, the group had grown to 85 people. It is to the point that I don't even know everyone that goes with our group. There are friends of friends of friends. People go once and they never want to miss it. I'll be bringing 3 people that have never gone before this year. It is a co-worker who went to his first Kings game a few months ago. He has been riding the bandwagon since then.

Speaking of Chicago, I went to Chicago straight from Vegas last year. I honestly thought I was going to die on my way home from that trip. Chicago is a dangerous city. Fun, but dangerous.

Buddy The Elf is offline   Reply With Quote