View Single Post
Old
05-03-2012, 03:46 PM
SabresFanNorthPortFL

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJN21 View Post
I have a feeling Pominville will retire a sabre. I'd trade Vanek before id trade poms...same goes for stafford and the obvious choices of gerbe and leino kaleta etc. Aside from Foligno there isnt a winger on this team i wouldnt trade before Poms.

Likewise you have to figure goose is gone, hecht is done, kaleta is riding his way outta town sooner or later...Poms is the only reliable PK option we have game in and out. That alone increases his value to me
Pomms will retire a Sabre....as I stated above, I wouldn't mind trading him this offseason because I'm with Jame on building a harder team to play against when it matters, the playoffs. We're too soft, we need to be a little more nasty. BUT, I do agree my gut says Pomms will always be a Sabre.

As for the reliable PK part, I'm kind of the mindset that we over rate PK'ing. Of course it's important but Roy has been doing a good job there, as well as Kaleta, and there always seems to be guys stepping up in that department. Shoot, a couple years ago Vanek looked very good on the PK. PK'ing seems to come down to me more on the defense and goaltending, something we are stronger at then the forwards. I do agree, Pomms is a strong PK'er, as well as a two-way forward but if the right deal comes along to upgrade the forward ranks IN THE LONG TERM (read younger) and NASTIER, then if it takes Pomms to get, I'm all for it. Also, upgrade at center.

Pomms impressed me this year but he's not untouchable on a non-playoff team.

SabresFanNorthPortFL is offline   Reply With Quote