View Single Post
Old
05-03-2012, 04:03 PM
BigDuke6

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by predfan24 View Post
Definitively do this man. If you are a beginner and it makes you feel better go get some elbow pads, shin pads and even hockey pants and get out there and get out of your comfort zone. It's the only way you are ever going to improve.

I know a guy who has been playing for 5+ years. When he first started playing he could barely stand on his skates and his knees were shaking. Now he has improved tremendously but he still would be considered a relatively bad skater and it's because I have never seen him once get out of his comfort zone.

Your never going to get better until you work on those weak edges or those uncomfortable pivots. Get out there and fall on your butt but stay resilent and you will see improvement. Good luck everybody.
The first thing I did at my first learn to play class last fall was to take a few strides and fall on purpose. I did it for a few reasons - 1. to get it over with, 2. it was my first time wearing full gear and I wanted to see how falling felt, and 3. I wanted to see how different getting back on my skates was with all the gear on.

BigDuke6 is offline   Reply With Quote