Thread: Pre-Game Meal
View Single Post
Old
05-03-2012, 05:07 PM
Ozz

vCash: 500
Doesn't matter to me as long as it's a lot of it. I generally eat a strict bodybuilding style diet, consisting of 40% of my calories coming from carbs and protein each, and 20% from fat sources.

On game days I usually stray from that and just load up on carbs until 4-6 hours prior to gametime. After my games I try to stick to protein & fat sources and no carbs and it's in lesser quantity. It's not out of the ordinary for me to eat a couple "light" meals in the morning and then have a 14" pizza 4-6 hours prior to gametime, either.

Calories split up evenly throughout the day or loaded all at once like w/the pizza, for me, doesn't tend to make a difference in regards to being ready to play hockey. If i feel like demolishing a pizza, I go for it. If not, I stick w/my typical lifting plan and cleaner foods, How much you need depends on yourself individually. When I was younger, I'd wake up and if anything would only have an Egg McMuffin or something before I pulled into the rink. Granted I was a teen and didn't lift at all (scrawny), but still, it varies. Try one thing and try another. Make notes and continue to see what is best for you.

Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote