View Single Post
Old
05-03-2012, 08:07 PM
mapes

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Vezina Thomas View Post
And why wouldnt you have drafted Hamilton? People wouldnt have batted an eyelash if a team took him before Larsson at four, he was pretty highly touted. It took a LOT of luck to get Hamilton to drop, and at 8 when I realized we were going to get Courtier/Hamilton, I was astounded (I was hoping for Courtier btw).
Okay we might not have then. I mean who knows? Everyone always talks about these rankings but every team has very different rankings after the top 3. Leafs could have made a different big trade and got somebody totally different than Kessel which would have changed their finish. I mean there is so many "what ifs" no one can really say they would have drafted Hamilton, it isn't near as obvious as finishing bottom 2. No one can argue that Leafs would not have drafted Seguin or Hall (depending on their finish) but at 6th-10th or whatever it's really anyones guess.

As for the Beauchemin deal, if Leafs got bent over for Kessel or easily lost than so did Anaheim. Yes, Loops was considered a salary dump but remember how bad Beauchemin was with us? He was actually our whipping boy who turned the puck over nonstop. Lupul was 6th in points league wide before he got hurt while Gardiner was very good as a rookie. Plus they still get a draft pick.

mapes is online now   Reply With Quote