View Single Post
Old
05-03-2012, 07:46 PM
flountown

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
I saw a framed autographed Giroux knockoff WC classic jersey (the Tiger looking one) for sale in a sports memorabilia store. This raises many questions about the store. Like are the other jerseys knockoffs and did Giroux really sign it? I find it suspicious that a sports memorabilia shop that presumably gets its merchandise from a wholesaler would have this in the shop. I assume that wholesalers buy their merchandise from companies that players sign for or from the team directly, so it is also suspicious because I doubt the Flyers would allow Giroux to sign knock off jerseys for a wholesaler to sell. So unless this guy bought the knock off and had Giroux personally sign it, I don't think I will ever buy anything from there again.

EDIT: I don't know if I was very clear with my suspicions but you get the drift. Memorabilia shops probably don't sell personally signed items, so I doubt a wholesaler or the team is selling knock-off jerseys.
There is a chance that the owner of the shop had it personally signed, but the fact that the jersey is a fake is embarrassing, and generally when you hear wholesaler, it means fake jersey. As far as I know, if you are a legitimate retail outlet, the only wholesaler you deal with is Reebok or Reebok's distribution chain. There really isn't much room for other wholesalers to step in...you either get them from Reebok, or you don't.