View Single Post
Old
05-03-2012, 08:28 PM
womenshockeyfan

vCash: 500
To me Schiefle wasn't that impressive. Imo Zach O'Brien did just as well or better in the few games that he played with the team the past two weeks. And to not have players like O'Dell and Clark in the playoff lineup even though they played with the team the whole year and did a great job just because Winnipeg wants their star draft pick to play? That's one of the many reasons I'd rather a CHL team over an AHL one any day. With a CHL team at least for the most part your roster is set for the season and the GM gets to have the team that he wants because the scouts report directly to him and they do the drafting themselves. With an AHL team there's not much for the GM to do because all the work is done by the parent team and the AHL team is at their mercy.

GarbageGoal I would be willing to bet that you have never seen a CHL game because those players could skate rings around high schoolers.

IceCapsFanNL Claude Giroux spent all of 33 games in the AHL and has been with Philadelphia ever since; Letang spent 11 games with Wilkes-Barre/Scranton and has patrolled the Pittsburgh blueline ever since; Voracek went right from Halifax to Columbus; Fleury played a total of 12 games in WBS and has been with Pittsburgh ever since. St. John’s best player Paul Postma has now spent three seasons in the AHL with four—count them—four NHL games under his belt. Ditto for Cormier too—30 NHL games in three pro seasons. Both of them will not be the star players on their NHL teams than the others mentioned.

When St. John’s played Syracuse last week the best two NHL star prospects on the ice were not IceCaps because Emerson Etem and Kyle Palmieri were star NHLers in an AHL game.

I hope the fans in Saint John appreciate that wonderful team they have because I sure wish that was us in St. John's.

Last edited by womenshockeyfan: 05-03-2012 at 08:54 PM.
womenshockeyfan is offline   Reply With Quote