View Single Post
Old
03-19-2006, 03:26 PM
paxtang

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by priceperlb
There you go. Proof I'm no prospects expert.

Fedoruk: 18 games in the ECHL

Gratton: 31 games in the ECHL

Doesn't prove he's anything more than replacement filler.

I was a fan of Fedoruk and thought he made some great strides in his overall play since first coming to the Flyers. I don't think it was expected, so hard for me to say if Gratton might have his potential.

Maybe someone like paxtang can enlighten us?
There's other players who have played in the ECHL to make the NHL, like Michael Ryder.

You never know if a player can play in the NHL until he's given a chance. Gratton is a better all around skater than Fedoruk, but Fedoruk has better top end speed. Gratton has better hands, but Fedoruk is a much better body checker. Both Gratton and Fedoruk are toe to toe, exciting fighters who will always stick up for their teammates. Fedoruk is taller and thicker (Gratton's closer to 6 foot than 6 foot 2).

Gratton, IMO, can and probably should be at least a part time NHL light weight fighter in the P.J. Stock, Ryan Vandenbusche mold, and has a chance to become a full time NHLer if given the chance to develop, just like Fedoruk has. He'll never be as good of a fighter as the Fridge, but he'll always come back for more.