Old
05-03-2012, 11:32 PM
Marlowe Syn
R-O-C-K-F-O-R-D

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by keppel146 View Post
P.A. Parenteau. If NY cant get him we should look into it
Parenteau was on my mind as well for a top 6er. As he's played 161 games the last two seasons, he already blows Fatentenderness out of the water. I do suspect if he leaves Long Isle he'll command pretty big $$$. He's put up the numbers to get it. I just wonder how much his stats are him being a late bloomer, or him winging it with Tavares. Who knows he may be great with Captain and Heater.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK9 View Post
Pretty sure I read a while back Russo saying the Wild have absolutely zero interest in Semin. I'll see if I can find it.
Good. I hope that is true. We do not have a good record with eastern Europeans. I do not especially want to get a Russian that already has a rep of one who floats and puts forth effort on the ice when the mood strikes him. North Americans, Finns and Swedes preferred. If I'm allowed to profile a bit.
I wonder if Fletch may chat with San Jose to see what it would take to get Ryan Clowe. Or maybe make an agreement with Harding for a sign and trade with TB and make a deal for Ryan Malone. Just spitballin here.
As far as the blueline. I'd like to see us take a run at Oduya(Swede born!!)
Quote:
ASSETS: Is a great skater with the instincts to limit the damage to a minimum in the defensive zone. Owns an infectious attitude and is a solid teammate. Can occasionally play a shutdown role.
FLAWS: Isn't a major offensive threat, nor is he big by National Hockey League standards. Also lacks the temperament to play with physical aggression on a consistent basis. Lacks consistency.
CAREER POTENTIAL: Mobile defensive defenseman.
Although saw this below is synopsis, so not optimistic:
Quote:
2012/04/26: The Chicago Blackhawks are interested in re-signing Johnny Oduya. Oduya is scheduled to become an unrestricted free agent after being acquired on Feb. 27. "He came in at a time when the team needed some experience and some veteran presence and also somebody who could eat up some minutes," Blackhawks GM Stan Bowman said. "He was an important part of that stretch run, so we're very interested in continuing to talk to his group about where he fits in with our team next year." Oduya had 18 points and 33 penalty minutes in 81 games with Chicago and Winnipeg in 2011-12. (Source: Chicago Tribune)
I've also been a big Barret Jackman fan. I could see him being a nice pairing with Spurgeon.