View Single Post
Old
05-03-2012, 11:52 PM
adsfan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by torero View Post
1) Muslim countries are strongly anti alcohol ... that is what i was saying.
2) i don't know the exact rules on alcohol in the US, yet i know 2 americans who have a really good level who simply went to jail for driving with alcohol. I know no other people who had such a hard sentence. That was in the US. Plus my general observation (newspapers, people's attitude) tells me that you are stongly against ...
3) Only being in the developed countries, meaning NA, Europe and East Asia makes you a hard country, the others are in practice very relaxed on this. Bribery is most often the key.
4) Possibly you are right on the % of alcohol in the blood. I do not know the details in the US ... her in Switzerland it is 0.8 g/l.
5) what has drinking age average to do with tolerance to the consequences of a hangover ?

So much about the so called mistakes !

my point being that tolerance should be given to these players. Not this nitty gritty on the rules or whatsoever.
The Federal government in the US mandated 0.08 (your 0.8 g/L) a few years ago. If your state didn't go along with it, they would lose millions of dollars in Federal highway funds every year.

In Wisconsin, we have people driving around with crazy BACs, like 0.30. They get in big trouble around the 4th or 5th time they get caught. The laws used to be even more lax. One guy has been caught 14 times. This week a lady was killed by a drunk driver in Milwaukee. Her son was called. He jumped into a car to drive to the scene. He was killed by another drunk driver on the way, it was about 2 miles (3 km) from his home to the place where his mother was killed. It happened in the daytime. It is unbelievable to me. I rarely go to a tavern. Some people go every Friday. We need to enforce some more rules in the USA to keep people safe from the knuckleheads.

adsfan is offline   Reply With Quote