Thread: TSN 1260: What's going on? Part 3
View Single Post
Old
05-04-2012, 03:27 AM
AK Dandyman

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by abootzky View Post
I'm not sure if very many actually have heard it but Corey Graham does a really nice job of calling the Oil Kings' games- comparing quite favourably to the dozen or so other WHL broadcasters I've heard online this season. Even though I quite like Jack Michaels & Bob Stauffer as people, the tandem of Graham & Kent Simpson present the game in a much more straightforward and less annoying way than their Oilers counterparts.
While Corey has a lot of room for improvements, i am able to follow the game much better and get a feel of the game listening to him on the radio.

Jack Michaels has good vocal but i can't visualize the game listening to him. It's more like those ESPN radio highlight where it is not doing play by play, but it's giving you a scoring update.

For me, the problem is, Michaels starts talking about stats and other stuffs way too much while the play was going on. Then if there is a scoring chance developed, he had to quickly raise his voice to rush in a few words before yelling "score!" in an attempt to create the excitement. And that came across as kind of fake or not genuine due to the lack of a proper build up prior to the play. All i'm hearing as a listener is some stats and all of a sudden some yelling about a play that i had no idea how it came about.

With Rod, I could almost always feel a goal is coming for the Oilers or we are about to get scored on.