View Single Post
Old
05-04-2012, 12:44 PM
MtlPenFan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shady Machine View Post
I guess it depends on your perspective. I thought Fleury was awful in the Montreal series. He didn't give us anything. We lost while only giving up 18 shots a game vs our 40. He let in really timely weak goals to give them the lead and then they sat back and protected the house. Clearly the series was more than just Fleury, but he was bad.
Perspective my ass.

He was beyond awful against Montreal. He was also terrible in the Ottawa series (anyone remember game 1?) but the team - Sid especially - bailed him out big time.

Jesus nobody remembers Pyatt's goal from the goal line in game 4 in the first minute of the game? Nobody remembers that awful Lapierre wraparound or Spacek's goal from the point that went UNDER him on an attempted kick save?

But scratch all that. We go to game 7, and it's a goal from the icing line again in the first minute of the game. Then Moore's fadeaway jumper (think Jagr goal in game 2, but from the ****ing CIRCLE!!!) to make it 2-0.

And why is everyone giggling at the Luongo comparisons? If Fleury was in a Canadian market playing the exact same way he has, his treatment from fans and media would be about 10 times worse than what Luongo gets.