Thread: Socks
View Single Post
Old
05-04-2012, 01:48 PM
Stickmata

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoeshine boy View Post
I *think* this is the Nike sock: http://store.nike.com/us/en_us/?l=sh...84/pgid-530614
I buy mine at Sports Authority and sometimes Ebay if I can find what I'm looking for.
I previously wore the CCM Oxysock which was $20 a pair. imo, the Nike socks was the same material and same fit for half the cost. all in all "dri-fit" and "moisture-wicking" socks are all the same basic materials. soccer and football players need the same compression and protection from blisters as hockey players do.
I'm all for saving money, but just because socks have the same materials doesn't make them the same. I've worn every dry fit type of sock under the sun and they're all different. Different weave, different thickness, different reinforcment, venting, etc. They're not the same. And given the fact that Nike is just as premium a brand as Bauer, I have a hard time believing that all your paying extra for in the Bauers is the name. The Bauer Vapors are a hockey specific sock and you notice it in the fit, feel, cushioning and breathability.

By the way, the Bauers and Eastons are both dry fit materials and they are totally different socks.

Stickmata is offline   Reply With Quote