View Single Post
Old
05-04-2012, 03:31 PM
hockeylegend11

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayzorIsDull View Post
Why wouldn't Baughman show up then for camp? Are Brown and Sanvido more talented than Baughman? If they're at the same level Windsor should be putting on the full court press to sign Baughman now. You get them in now you will avoid the negative recruiting the OHL receives from the USHL. A lot of the time with these USHL kids they go there and you never hear from them again. Barber is a great example Spits thought they had a great chance even after his year in Dubuque and he ends up playing under 18. Maybe there's hope with Dodero because his brother plays in the OHL but with some of these guys we may never hear from them again.
While I get with what you are writing,the fact is that Baughman was rated in the 1st 2 rds but would not committ,thus the reason the spits took a flyer on him in the 14th rd,a good move I say,similar to what to Sarnia did with Murphy and Boucher, and signing them when they were 18
I am sure would love to get kid in here now,however he is uncertain of what he is going to do
While the Spits were having their rookie mini camp Baughman was trying out for Indiana,and then got drafted by them in the 1st rd
As for Dodero,he is from Chicago,plays well here in Windsor last weekend,gets drafted by his hometown team in the Ushl and at 16,probably not ready to play in the O,and as Rychel says a year in the USHL would be beneficial to both players
Getting American based players is not always easy,u can offer them full packages edc wise and still not get them from playing the college game
Teams like London,Kitchener,Plymouth have not always been successful in getting Americans too
Kitchener could not sign Fowler,might not get Trouba,the Knights could not get Glenndenning,Mermis and Klie,the whalers drafted Petrecki in the 1st rd and he never came to the OHL
For every Riley Barber and maybe Dodero,there is always a Ben Johnson and a Brady Vail
Windsor is not alone in being not always successful in luring Us born players