View Single Post
Old
05-04-2012, 04:41 PM
h22prelude93

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by STL fan in IA View Post
Sure. Army could try to trade up...or down, or just stick where the Blues' pick is. Who knows. I doubt Army or any of the scouts even have a clue on that yet.

Trading partners? Again, nobody's going to know at this stage of the game. Same with who the Blues might want to target.

There are likely a handful of prospects who will be in the NHL but the Blues aren't likely to get any of them. You talk of trading up to approx. 10th overall to select Faksa in another post but the Blues will likely end up with something like the 25th overall pick. Going from 25ish to 10 almost never happens. It would likely take multiple trades. I could see them possibly moving up to around 20th if there's a kid they're high on still available then but moving up to 10th isn't very realistic.

The bottom line is that I think the Blues will draft like they normally do and that it's highly that anyone the Blues draft this summer plays in the NHL anytime soon. The changes the Blues need for next season will have to come from free agency, trades and adding rookies like Tarasenko and Schwartz.
Good post, and I pretty much agree. I was just trying to think of possible scenarios where we would trade up to acquire an impact player in the draft but like you said it seems rather unlikely. Also, I'm not very optimistic about the free agent market. I think guys like Suter, Garrison, Etc are going to be severely overpaid. JMHO

h22prelude93 is offline   Reply With Quote