View Single Post
Old
05-04-2012, 04:37 PM
Paul4587

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by My Cat View Post
Okay, so you idiots had me worried about Etem. I watched the "51 in 50" video of his goals...wtf is this crap about the majority of his goals being scored on breakaways or as a result of being stronger? What a load. I counted 12 breakaways in that package, and perhaps another 5 or 6 where he just overpowered guys.

For the rest of them he was causing turnovers, one-timing it off feeds from #9 (who he seemed to have great chemistry with), cutting through the high slot Koivu-style. He looks EXACTLY like Selanne when comes down the right wing near the boards and scores into the far side corner. He shows plenty of scorer's instincts.
I counted well over 30 goals scored at a high speed off the rush, not necessarily breakaways but dangling through defensemen and using his superior speed and build to power through/past guys. Which will translate to an extent to the NHL because he's got a great shot but he doesn't have Selanne or Perry type instincts where he will manage to get open in the high scoring areas without defensemen noticing him.