View Single Post
Old
05-04-2012, 04:54 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by fulgorre View Post
You guys realize his career went into its tailspin when his mother was diagnosed with breast cancer (twice) and he was taking the time to help her through it right? Granted this has no bearing on the hockey skill side of things but before you start ripping on the guy know the whole story....
As someone that watched Fischer for 4 years at Minnesota, the fault is his and he even admitted that he didn't work hard enough. It's too bad cause things were starting to come together for him during his junior year but then he got injured and missed a chunk of time. But the problem came in his senior year where he struggled so the Habs did the smart thing and took the 50th overall pick instead of signing him. Glad to see he got his feet wet in the AHL, doesn't surprise me as he's a great skater, has size and can move the puck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FF de Mars View Post
I have a bias against David Fischer because I believe his failures enticed Gainey to trade Ryan McDonagh.
There's no way Gainey traded McDonagh because of Fischer. If you said because we had Subban in the system since he was the better prospect of the two, but it's not like Fischer was ever considered better then McDonagh, going all the way back to his days in the USHS where they faced off against one another.

montreal is online now   Reply With Quote