View Single Post
Old
05-04-2012, 05:17 PM
jmelm
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by eXile59 View Post
These are the only two I don't like. Jeffrey should go some where else if he isn't going to be on the third line at least. We need two good 4th line guys for energy. Other than that I like it.

I don't disagree that guys like Jeffrey or Tangradi may not have long-term futures with this club, but moving either one now would be the classic case of selling low. I think we need to put them on the big club next year, give them a chance to succeed, and then trade them for an appropriate return if they don't fit.

But I could see one or both of those guys being good fits on the top 3 lines. Tangradi has the size to be effective down low & decent hands, and Jeffrey has the skill+vision+hockey sense to be able to play with skilled players like our big 3 -- especially if he can transition to LW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtlPenFan View Post
How's Bort's skating?

The few games he played before getting concussed by that little **** Rinaldo, I always caught myself wishing he was a half step faster.

I agree that his skating leaves something to be desired, but he brings a different element that we don't have. The best comparison is a guy like Hal Gill. Bortuzzo isn't quite as big, but he has a great reach & wing span, and he can provide an element that we don't really have on our team in that regard, and that makes up for his skating to some degree; especially if we can pair him with someone who has good mobility (like Orpik or Strait now, or Morrow in the future).