View Single Post
Old
05-04-2012, 06:42 PM
eXile59
Shirts on.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmelm View Post
I don't disagree that guys like Jeffrey or Tangradi may not have long-term futures with this club, but moving either one now would be the classic case of selling low. I think we need to put them on the big club next year, give them a chance to succeed, and then trade them for an appropriate return if they don't fit.

But I could see one or both of those guys being good fits on the top 3 lines. Tangradi has the size to be effective down low & decent hands, and Jeffrey has the skill+vision+hockey sense to be able to play with skilled players like our big 3 -- especially if he can transition to LW.

I agree that his skating leaves something to be desired, but he brings a different element that we don't have. The best comparison is a guy like Hal Gill. Bortuzzo isn't quite as big, but he has a great reach & wing span, and he can provide an element that we don't really have on our team in that regard, and that makes up for his skating to some degree; especially if we can pair him with someone who has good mobility (like Orpik or Strait now, or Morrow in the future).
I'm just saying lets not do to DJ what we did to Tangradi this year. Give them a legit shot during the regular season. You can't expect guys to produce points on six second shifts which Tangardi saw too many of this year.