View Single Post
Old
11-23-2003, 11:08 AM
NWT Habs Fan

vCash: 500
Well, I just got off the plane from Edmonton, and am now absorbing the full extent of the experience that I enjoyed yesterday at Commonwealth Stadium. What a surreal experience it was, and it took some time to fully sink in. Guy and the old toque-wearing boys taking to Wayne and the ex-Oil, with Fuhr and Ranford looking like they haven't quite lost it yet. The snowbirds and CF-18 right overhead to start the game, the crazy streaker, the huge crowd and atmosphere...it was all so much more than just another game. I was very proud to be Canadian and a hockey fan yesterday!!

Glad the boys prevailed, that was the icing on the cake. Nice to see Zed and Yannic get two a piece. There was a good story in the Edmonton Journal today talking to both goalies, and Conklin was very impressed with Jose's performance and really credited him with responding to the challenges of the game better than he did. That toque was a neat touch, and it is supposedly headed to the Hockey Hall of Fame.

Edmonton is a world class city when it comes to hosting events like this, and it sure was great to see the stars of yesterday and today from the two greatest Canadian hockey franchises out puting on such a great show.