View Single Post
Old
05-05-2012, 04:13 AM
Friedrich
This is not my hat.

vCash: 500
These "drop off drafts" usually have a few guys rated lower that are usually better than people thought they would be, and sometimes excel while the higher picks falter.

I've been trying to find information about Yuk's playing career, but can't really find anything in my short search, and I wonder how Yuk's father being the coach of Sarnia would affect his play once he leaves that environment.

I think It's between Murray and Yuk, with perhaps Yuk having a bit of an edge. It's funny, all the mock drafts on NHL.com have us picking a different player. We already have some good defensive prospects, (Moore, Savard), allbeit not to the extent of Murray, but who do we have if Johanson falters?

We have Johnson and Wiz locked up for a while, along with Tyutin, if Moore or Savard don't work out we're not in horrible condition, and they both look like they're going to turn out to be at least top four d-men. Methot could have a rebound year after a year plagued with injuries.

Our pipeline on offense looks much worse than on defense, IMO.

But I wouldn't be disappointed with really anyone that's available at the draft, but I'd give Yuk the edge.