View Single Post
Old
05-05-2012, 07:31 AM
ursavolta

vCash: 825
Funny you mention that because i wanted tallon to take nicolas shore in 4th round in the 2012 draft.. would've been pretty cool but he took logan shaw instead... i think this year there is another shore coming up but they are not related.. (devin shore)

Thing is there are a variety of factors in a decision like that.. I'll leave it to the scouts/tallon & co. to see whats the better choice when the rounds come but It would be pretty sweet to have the brothers banging around the boards for us for sure.. but again that might be a distraction.. look at the staal brothers for example..

the concussion issue that marc stall received from his brother was kind of a "stalling" point for eric staal and his season with the hurricanes.. and carolina acquired jared staal from the coyotes and he still has not shown the ability to step onto NHL ice with his brother.. no less with any team..

It would be nice but hard to say without heavy scouting and understanding of the team's prospect pool's needs and development..

I rather focus on getting something of value.. like maybe shooting for a offensive project player so we can finally generate some offense and creativity in our prospect pool (even tho its looking freaking great!)

I honestly think we should take a long term project - PMD - Offensive minded D-man in the draft.. schmaltz, pouliot or skjei... i would love to have collberg, girgensons or aberg if it drops.. but our pools looks pretty good.. would love to take frk, tanner richard, maybe maidens or another offensive minded forward in the 2nd round. Anton Slepyshev looks like the true sniper in he 2nd round but with his russian background it might be hard to take him seriously unfortunately...

the more i look at this draft the more i see there are some sleepers but it's really a more defensive minded draft for both forwards and d-men.. after the first round the offensive potential looks a bit lacking..

Last edited by ursavolta: 05-05-2012 at 07:54 AM.
ursavolta is offline   Reply With Quote