View Single Post
Old
05-05-2012, 10:16 AM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffrey View Post
I'm playing devil advocate here but that is worrisome...
IMO to play his game in the NHL he will have to be quite a good backward and lateral skater.
I also think he is less intense than Subban was, but he will have to greatly improve his defensive work and physicality before reaching the NHL. I would give him 2 or 3 years in the AHL to work on it.
He likely does need 2 years in the AHL. No need to rush him, with Markov and Kaberle here for another 2 years atleast, Subban likely getting signed long term. We have our share of offensive minded D with puck moving skills. The prospect most likely to get "rushed" to the next level would be Tinordi, but I dont see that either.

Beaulieu is still very raw. Lets take our time with him and cultivate his talent to the most we can get out of it. For those thinking itll be much different for him next season in Hamilton next season from Saint Johns, i also doubt this. Hamilton is going to have the best incoming class of young players in the entire AHL. Now its up to management to fill a few spots with quality vets and get a god damn goalie... If they get this, Hamilton is going to be a powerhouse by mid-season once the players adapt to the new league.

JGRB is offline   Reply With Quote