View Single Post
Old
05-05-2012, 06:21 PM
Ozz

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by YippieKaey View Post
Yeah i know, the factual part of the discussion could go on and on. But let's say this supersniper player shows and single-handedly scores 2 goals per game. Anyone who feeds the puck to the guy who feeds him the puck would get a total of 164 assist in a season. He might even be a goalie, just seems a little odd. Primary assists are a different thing to me
The same could be said for primary assists too, though. Imagine a scenario where the secondary assist player stole the puck from an attacker, basically created all offense on his own, passed it to someone who gets a stick on it but otherwise doesn't control it, then the guy who ends up being the goal scorer shoots it in. That's just a scenario off the top of my head but this type of thing could happen all the time.

Sure you'll get a good portion of secondary assists that don't directly lead to a goal, but again that comes back to the argument of "what if he didn't feed it to the guy who made the primary assist?" The puck might never even reach the offensive zone without that seemingly-useless play.

Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote