View Single Post
Old
05-05-2012, 07:43 PM
29dryden29

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legionnaire11 View Post
i'm honestly not impressed with Smith's antics. I didn't pay attention to him this season until the Shaw hit. It appeared to me then that he embellished a bit on that one. Every time the puck is behind the net, he stands back there with it taking up as much space as possible and only passing it out at the last second. He knows that if an opponent initiates contact it will be a penalty. The only decent part of this is that he has a tendency to make mistakes handling the puck.

The plays that you mentioned, and last night when the Preds had some good pressure and momentum, Smith conveniently needs to have his equipment adjusted...

I suppose if he were on my team I would be applauding him for his sneaky gamesmanship, but as an opponent it's extremely frustrating. Similar to Hasek constantly knocking the net loose.
He sure did play that hit up and I hate that crap take the hit like a man I still say even as a goalie if you want to stray behind the net you should be able to be hit. I mean as a goalie going behind the net to play the puck if a skater came in on me I would sure lay the body on him so why shouldn't we be able to be hit also.

29dryden29 is offline   Reply With Quote