View Single Post
Old
05-06-2012, 10:14 AM
Maineice11

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Maineice11
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjimmyg89 View Post
Despite the loss, some players are starting to turn it around on the offense. Anisimov and Gaborik had really good games offensively. Richards has been the most consistent guy offensively, and if these two, along with contributions from Stepan and Cally, the offense is making a good turn even only scoring 2 goals today. If we can get Hank 3 goals, this team will win games and hopefully with these 2 getting going, we'll have some more wins in the future. Also, the Artie hate this season to me wasn't warranted. He's still young, saw his icetime fluctuate a lot, and rarely saw PP time. I hope these playoffs are showing his importance to the team, as he has 6 points in 11 games

Someone I've been a little upset hasn't had the best postseason is Hagelin. He's got one point and none since his suspension. He took the penalty which resulted in the GWG being scored and hasn't been nearly as productive as he was in the regular season. I hope he can turn it up the next couple games, because Gabby and Richards have turned it up this series. If not, it might be time to find a different linemate for those two. The way Kreider can in and produced made the fact Hagelin didn't produce much less of a blow, but now, it's starting to show. My guess is Anisimov will start getting some shifts with Gabby and Richards after today. Even if he doesn't produce offensively, anisimov could let Richards go on the offense and Artie can take the defensive responsibility for that line.

I still think we're going to win the series, but they have to play 3 periods. The terrible first cost them this game as the game was fairly even after that point. Even an average first and they can come out of that period tied or in the lead. It'd have been the difference in the game if they came out with a decent first.
i agree with that...if we get performance from from all those players, gaborik/richards/anisimov...and so on in the next 2 games it would be huge!!!!

Maineice11 is offline   Reply With Quote