View Single Post
Old
05-06-2012, 01:49 PM
tfong

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Medium Rare View Post
Nemisz has been an elite penalty killer and defensive forward at every level, including the AHL. And how can Nemisz show an elite level of anything at the NHL level when he hasn't played a while lot?

And who cares of if his Junior linemates have passed him? That means absolutely nothing.

The guy is a power forward (we all know they develop a little slower), he has also been moved from RW to center, so that will slow things down a little too. If you listen to any Heat games Nemisz is always in the thick of things when things are going well for the team, he is very much the catalyst of that team.

He also has extremely soft hands for a big guy.

By elite potential I mean in those callups and games I've seen, I haven't seen the "flashes of brilliance" that usually accompany prospects with that potential. When all is said and done my expectation is that he is a 3rd line guy that has might turn into a 2nd line winger. In the best scenario he breaks out into the next Todd Bertuzzi. Never really doubted the defensive side of the puck since that's basically been his calling card the AHL lately.

It would be a very good thing if he proved me wrong and turned into a big time scorer.

tfong is offline   Reply With Quote