View Single Post
Old
05-06-2012, 03:32 PM
ILikeItILoveIt

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by predfan24 View Post
I applaud all the optimistic folk. That said I don't share your optimism. I haven't seen anything yet this series that would lead me to believe we can win 3 straight.
Of course we don't see anything yet this series that would lead one to believe we can win 3 straight. That's how it always works. Did Red Sox fans see anything in the first 3 games of their series in 2004 to lead them to believe they'd win 4 straight? Only in retro spect do we see the signs.

Just allow yourself the latitude to think this way:

What an unbelievable, improbable ride this will be. We pull out Game 5. Rads scores and the previously fractured team is doing the group hug. Yotes say it was a missed opportunity but since they play so great on the road, they'll win Game 6. We're happy but nervous because we've seen this movie before: last year. Win Game 5, lose Game 6 at home. The Gold comes out in force, and we blow them away in Game 6. Our collective hearts leap and Pred Nation is alive. We crowd bars, restuarants, and have home viewing parties next weekend to watch another Pred first: Game 7. We win in OT on a Weber slapshot from the point!!!! Lifetime memories are made and even the most agnostic sports fan in Nashville watched the game and talked about it on Monday. We're on cloud nine and go on to play the Kings.

Now isn't that better than a sleepy 5 game series win with no adversity?

ILikeItILoveIt is offline   Reply With Quote