Old
05-06-2012, 03:37 PM
sa cyred
No Tanking for #2

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeh82 View Post
I think you're exaggerating a bit.

I don't follow the NBA that closely, but I watch enough general sports media to have a decent sense of the climate of opinion. I don't remember anyone (respectable or important) saying the Bulls were still going to sweep AFTER Rose's injury. The line of analysis was more "I still think they get by the Sixers, but..." In fact, I'm pretty sure like half the ESPN / TNT guys used the phrase "get by"--which doesn't really suggest sweep to me.
Eh, if I could I would show you the segment. My buddy was with me and he heard it also. Get by and sweep are totally different. They were saying sweep and how the Bulls' were too talented. They were saying even without Rose it was going to be a sweep. They were also talking about how the 76ers really struggled before playoffs and it will most likely continue. The 76ers might get one win in game 3 or 4, but otherwise it was a sure Bulls win. Not making it up haha. Friend lives for sportscenter so we are watching it almost all day long (well when we are in anyway).