View Single Post
Old
05-06-2012, 06:27 PM
Spawn

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
With all due respect a lot of revisionist history has occurred since the trade. When the trade was made it was Teubert that was considered the big addition and people generally didn't think we would bag all that much out of a 19th pick and just looking at what kind of player gets selected later in first rounds it wasn't a great chance.

Now we got lucky and got Klefbom kinda late. The whole stock and value in this trade has reversed. Now Klefbom is clearly considered by everybody to be the better prospect.
I don't remember all that many people being overly thrilled with the acquisition of Teubert in that deal. A lot more of "1st rounder is nice, but would have preferred someone else out of LA" from my memory.

Good LA made it through the Blues. I like the Kings. A number of former Oilers who were good players here. I'm glad Penner is making an impact. It's nice to see after such a miserable regular season. 7 points, +7 playing 12:25 a night. He's making a lot out of not much ice time.

I wonder how Blues fans feel about their season. On one hand, it is pretty incredible that they finished as high as they did, and winning a 1st round series is no joke, but swept in 4 by the 8th place team after being the 3rd best team in the regular season has got to sting.

Spawn is offline   Reply With Quote