View Single Post
Old
05-06-2012, 06:25 PM
Top 6 Spaling

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoNecksCurse View Post
we were a "considerable favorite" and we are now getting considerably spanked. someone will have to answer to it whether its right or wrong. it's sports.
Chicago was the considerable favorite. They got spanked. We are NOT getting spanked in this series. We lost in OT of game 1. That goal goes differently and its 2-2. Last game, we hit a post, had Horny miss an empty net, had Josi score on our own goal, AND had a goal waved off. Pick any two of those to got differently and its 3-1 us.

Going into the playoffs, I would say fans St. Louis, Vancouver, Detroit, Nashville, LA,a nd maybe San Jose were expecting to make the conference finals. Every team goes through this. Just because we lose doesn't mean our coach sucks. Should Babcock get fired because his team lost? Hitchcock?

I agree that I'm disappointed, but, to some extent, the fans of 29 teams end the season disappointed. Poile and Trotz gave us a chance to win the Cup. Maybe it doesn't happen this year. It didn't happen to 29 other teams either. There's no need for a knee jerk reaction. We are consistently playoff teams, have now won two rounds in a row, and have a chance, with some key signings and re-signs, to be Stanley Cup Contenders for the next decade.

Should Trotz be on a shorter leashstarting next year? Yes. Should be get fired? Hell no.

Top 6 Spaling is offline   Reply With Quote