05-06-2012, 07:09 PM
WeridAl
YuckaFlux

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwave View Post
Strome + Murray (no.4)
Yakupov + Gagner

I think the Islanders would bite. They need an electric superstar to play with Tavares and sell more tickets, and Gagner is also best friends with Tavares.

Oilers fill needs.

However, as an Oiler fan, I would feel uneasy with this trade simply because I think Yakupov is going to be the best player in the trade, and when you trade away the best player ... I dunno. I think you are asking for trouble.

Two d-men is overkill for the Oilers. They have Marincin, Gernat (who had better numbers in junior this year than Murray did), Klefbom still coming and Petry + Smid already graduated up. People who say the Oilers having nothing coming on the blue line don't know what they're talking about.

If I'm the Oilers I don't trade the pick.
Problem with taking Strome is that he's not that big C the Oilers need. I wouldn't bet on Murray, he'll be a great 3/4 D, the question is can he be that top pairing they need. Their better off taking Morgan Rielly or Griffin Reinhart who have top pairing potential. Personally I like them to take ether Alex Galchenyuk, or Griffin Reinhart, not a big Yakupov fan and the Russian factor scares the hell out of me. Also I'm sick and tired seeing the highly skilled small size Oilers getting thump on and would love to see some grit in the top 6.

WeridAl is offline   Reply With Quote