View Single Post
Old
03-20-2006, 08:47 PM
turnbuckle*

vCash: 500
About 10 minutes after Komo's goal I need to due some business. I opened up my trusty book, "Hockey A to Z". There is a bio on every person who ever played a minute in the NHL.

anyway, I always open the book up randomly, and what page did I land on but the Pederson page, which not only has a little write-up on former Hab first rounder Mark Pederson, but a bio on Allen Pederson, who some may remember patrolled the Bruins blueline for a number of years, then moved on to San Jose. Pederson played 238 straight games without scoring a goal, the all-time record which Komo really had no chance of besting given his recent close calls/confidence.

Coincidentally, Pederson broke the record of a cousin of mine's, Terry Murray, who is from my hometown. Terry went 220 games without scoring a goal and held the record for many years, all at the start of his career. I once interviewed him for a magazine I was publishing on Shawville's hockey history and jokingly asked him if he remebered his first NHL goal. Not surprisingly he remembers it in detail.