View Single Post
Old
05-06-2012, 08:52 PM
seafoam
Fluorescent Adolescent

vCash: 80
I don't think we should assume Garth is picking a foward on draft day, last year he didn't have the chance to draft Larsson who was widely viewed as a player who can make an immediate impact. How do you know he wouldn't have picked Larsson if he was on the board at five? Yes, I understand he passed on Hamilton, but so did three other teams until he fell into the Bruins' lap at nine, it's not like Dougie was the consensus pick at five. Also, Gudbranson was off the board when we drafted in 2010, how do you know Garth wouldn't have picked him? Again, Fowler was on the board, but FIVE other teams passed up on him, there was obviously something that really concerned scouts. In addition, Doughty, Bogosian, and Pietrangelo were off the board when he drafted in '08. Luke Schenn was on the board but Garth smartly traded down because Schenn has been a disaster since coming in the league. All in all what I'm trying to say is Garth hasn't had the shot to draft a top defenseman in a draft class, which lead to taking a foward, who are easier to project than a defenseman.