View Single Post
Old
11-23-2003, 03:54 PM
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quagmier
our rebuilding is nowwhere near the end... the senators are done rebuilding, the lightning are almost done, the habs have 3-5 years left..
That's not true. The players for the rebuilding might not make this team a Cup contender before that time, but they are all close to be NHL ready or are already in the NHL. How much other 1st round picks do you feel the Habs need to fit into their lineup for the rebuilding process to be complete? Kastsitsyn, Higgins, Plekanec, Ribeiro, Hainsey, Hossa, Komisarek, Markov, Bulis, Zednik, Perezhogin, Ryder, Ward, Souray and Koivu are the players that will for the most part form this team. There's only so much lines and D pairings a team can have...

Quote:
adding grier and Bondra adds payroll, not leadership for our prospects..
Grier adds a fair amount of leadership and character, while Bondra would help scoring wise. True the Habs would add payroll which is about the only way they can get players of this quality without giving too much in assets, but with all the veterans becoming UFAs at the end of the season, I don't think it's such a big deal.

Quote:
Hossa looses his roster spot,.
How can a LW lose his spot to two RW?

Quote:
and Grier is not a cornerstone of a franchise.
And?

Quote:
don't get me wrong i would love to have both those players, but not at the expense of what could be the habs highest 1st since Terry frekin' Ryan. .
I don't beleive Gainey will let this team sink like it did last year for one second. Around 10th pick is what the Habs should likely get.