View Single Post
Old
05-07-2012, 07:06 AM
glenngineer

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 101st_fan View Post
Those same Kings just went 17 years without winning a playoff series. The Yotes went 25 years. And we're complaining that our team that still spends almost nothing only makes it to the second round two seasons in a row unless we make a comeback starting tonight.

No Cups in 12 seasons when every O6 team has droughts of two decades or longer in their history. Van, LA, STL, Buf without a Cup in over four decades in the league.
Yup. And how many of those teams held onto their coach for as long as we have? Buffalo with Ruff and that's about it. And didn't Ruff make it deep or to the finals one year? Didn't the Kings make it to the Finals in '93?

Yeah, it's nice to have a team in the playoffs year in and year out but I'd rather have a team do some damage once in a while rather than flame out and have a bunch of people tell me how great it is when the end result isn't what any of us want.

Can I ask you and anyone else a serious question. What is the goal that you have for this team?

I love the entertainment value that hockey brings to the city of Nashville. As a competitor though I also want to win. I think it's fair to expect both and when one doesn't happen, we all have the right to question it and the direction of the franchise.

And one other thing Bourque, while you listed coaches and their playoff records, a guy like Quenneville for instance had a few different stops in his coaching career so to say he's got a lot of flame outs is right but he was canned after a few of them and went on to new teams. It wasn't until his fourth stop that he won it all. So all that said, Trotz has the most flame outs of all the guys on your list and all with the same team. Just something to think about.

glenngineer is offline   Reply With Quote