View Single Post
Old
05-07-2012, 12:23 PM
Drake744
Unregistered User

vCash: 500
This franchise is at a crossroads right now. We have shredded the expansion filth, have made the playoffs for most of the last decade, have marquee players and have gained a positive reputation around the league. So that's awesome and 13 years in the making. Now, I think a lot of people sort of assume the natural progression is to keep getting better, take no steps back, and eventually get a Cup. And by eventually I mean probably the next couple of years. It's not that easy. We are now among some of the top-tier teams in the league, where there is no room for error to get to the top. It's easier to build yourself into a consistent playoff team than to build yourself from playoff team to champion. If it was easy then everyone would do it and it wouldn't take long. I can guarantee we will win a Cup and that it won't take us as long as St. Louis or Vancouver, etc. If it does, these boards are gonna get pretty repetitive over the next 30 years.

I still think Trotz is the least of our problems. I love the guy but I still disagree with some things he does but at the end of the day I think he still gives us a chance at the dance every season and that's something that people start to dismiss when we haven't been able to get to elite status. While that's understandable, a lot of people look across the league at teams that get random success like Carolina, Tampa Bay, etc. and it skews expectations for us, like "Ohhh they could do it why can't we???" Again, not that easy, and the odds are better as a whole by building continuously like this than hoping to pull a needle out of a haystack.

Last edited by Drake744: 05-07-2012 at 12:28 PM.
Drake744 is offline   Reply With Quote