Thread: NHL Entry Draft: May 2 Round Mock
View Single Post
Old
05-07-2012, 01:55 PM
Kman277

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TribalPhoenix View Post
When I saw Grigorenko at 11th, I knew I didn't have to read further.
---Actually I agree that Grigorenko will be drafted about 8th-11th. There has already been two NHL Scouts who have said their teams would not draft Grigorenko anywhere in the 1st round. And that was before the Playoffs started. And the mono thing is very clear on what happened. Grigorenko said DURING the 2nd rd Halifax series he reported feeling tired for the 1st time. Unless he had Mono back in January it's fairly irrelevant. NHL GM's do not want a player who has the reputation of taking
shifts, periods & even games off. Not to mention there are worries about
Grigorenko that he might bolt for the KHL in a few years. I don't think theres any risk w/ Yakupov leaving but Grigorenko is another story. Who knows, maybe Mtl hires P.Roy and the Habs draft Grigorenko 3rd overall. But at this point a smart educated guress would be that teams w/ a top 8 overall pick
would much rather put their team sweater over the head of a high character talented player like Jacob Trouba rather than take a chance that Mikhail Grigorenko will actually turn that amazing talent into actual NHL production.

Kman277 is offline   Reply With Quote